BOVEC MARATHON: 42K of pure nature and a little bit more of pure nature
Bovec Marathon and 42K (also half marathon and 10 K (6.2 miles)) offer you pure nature. Watching the emerald beauty of the Soča River, you’ll forget that you’re running. When you see the peaks of the mighty Alps mountains, you’ll want to run even further. Accompanied by accordion music, and compelled by drums and loud cheering, you’ll be welcomed by the local community during this event of a lifetime. Come and join us!
- 42K of pure nature in Triglav National Park next to Emerald Soča River!
- Run next to buildings from WWI.
- Visit three regions: The Alps, the Karst, the Mediterranean coast
- More hiking in pristine nature
- Sample authentic food and wine
- Ljubljana, the Slovenian capital
- Big Pasteur Plateau and shepherds’ huts
- Lake Bled
- Piran, pearl of the Mediterranean
- Škocjan Caves, a UNESCO natural and cultural world heritage site
- Bovec and Soča, the Emerald River
- Experience 42K of pure nature in Triglav National Park next to Emerald Soča River and run nex to the buildings from WW1!
- Compete or volunteer!
Quick itinerary video
- [Day One, Ljubljana:] Welcome dinner at one of Ljubljana’s best restaurants
- [Day Two, Ljubljana, Big Pasteur Plateau:] Transportation, admission to Ljubljana Castle, lunch and dinner
- [Day Three, Lake Bled:] Transportation, pletna boat, lunch and dinner
- [Day Four, Škocjan Caves, Piran:] Transportation, admission, prosciutto lunch, fish dinner
- [Day Five, Bovec, Kanin:] Transportation, dinner and snack
- [Day Six, Explore: Free time and:] Blitz Bovec Marathon
- [Day Seven, Kobarid:] WW1 Museum, Farewell dinner
DepartureLjubljana airport/Ljubljana airport
Departure TimeSeptember, 12, 2022 in the afternoon
Return TimeSeptember, 19, 2022 after breakfast
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and light jacket.
IncludedBOVEC MARATHON: 42K of pure nature and a little bit more of pure nature
Day 1: Welcome to one of the greenest countries in the world!
Day 2: Big Karst Plateau and Ljubljana and its Dragons
Day 3: Lake Bled
Day 4: Škocjan Caves and Piran
Day 5: Triglav National Park in the morning and explore on your own in the afternoon
Day 6: Run
Day 7: Visit WWI heritage
Day 8: Move on
Included in the price of the itinerary
- Transportation from/to Ljubljana airport
- Accommodations and breakfast for seven days in Ljubljana and Bovec hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Welcome dinner on your first day
- Admission to Ljubljana Castle, lunch at Velika planina and dinner in Ljubljana on your second day
- Transportation, pletna boat, lunch, and dinner on your third day at Lake Bled
- Transportation and admission to Škocjan Caves and Piran, snack and special fish dinner on your fourth day
- English-speaking guide in Ljubljana, Škocjan Caves, and Piran
- Transportation, gondola fee, lunch on Kanin, and dinner in Bovec on your fifth day
- Entry fee for the race, plus transportation to Start, and dinner on your sixth day in Bovec
- Transportation to Kobarid, museum fee, lunch, and farewell dinner on your seventh day
- Official T-shirt and food for competitors/volunteers
- Services of Mateja Travel staff
Food and Accommodations
- Three nights in one of Ljubljana’s ****hotels and four nights in Bovec *** hotel.
- Buffet breakfasts each day
- Seven dinners and four lunches in authentic local restaurants, plus tasty nourishing snacks.
Not Included in the Price of the Itinerary
- Round-trip airfare
- Excess baggage charges
- Travel insurance
- Optional trips
- Food and beverages if not defined otherwise
- Alcoholic beverages over provided meals if not defined otherwise
- Optional gratuities to tour guides
- Items of a personal nature
Consider as you sign up
- Airline tickets – Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip is confirmed with the minimum number (5) of participants required to operate.
- Travel insurance – To protect your travel investment, we recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Save your money, no matter if you book the first or the last!
- From 6 to 14 people $3350
- From 15 to 20 people $2550