Four Bridges Run and Live Like a King and Queen in Medieval Slovenia
Would you like to feel the pulse of 1,000 year Škofja Loka with 2,500 multigenerational runners? Come join our Fun & Run weekend! The races begin on Saturday morning, and we’ll have a chance to cycle around and familiarize ourselves with the course. That afternoon, we’ll cheer for the children and youth divisions. At 9 p.m. it’ll be our turn! Our 10K course weaves through the festive, populated streets of Skofja Loka, culminating in the main town square. At the Finish, there’s a party with live music and prizes!
- Run over 4 bridges in one night!
- Visit five castles in four regions: the Alps, the Karst, the Mediterranean coast, and Styria
- Sample authentic food and wine
- Run and celebrate with the local community!
- Compete or volunteer!
- Ljubljana, the Slovenian capital
- Ptuj, the oldest Slovenian town
- Predjama castle and Piran, pearl of the Mediterranean
- Krizna Cave and Sneznik Castle
- Škofja Loka with an African king in the town’s coat of arms
- Lake Bled with the castle and the island
- Run over four bridges and medieval downtown!
- Run with local running group
- Compete or volunteer!
Quick itinerary video
- [Day One, Ljubljana] Welcome dinner at one of Ljubljana’s best restaurants
- [Day Two, Ljubljana] Transportation, Ljubljana Castle, lunch and dinner
- [Day Three, Lake Bled] Transportation, pletna boat, lunch, and dinner
- [Day Four, Predjama Castle, Piran] Transportation, Predjama Castle, lunch, and fish dinner
- [Day Five, Sneznik Castle, Krizna Jama] Transportation, Sneznik Castle and Krizna Jama, lunch and dinner
- [Day Six, Skofja Loka] Transportation, Skofja Loka Castle and lunch, Four Bridges Run
- [Day Seven, Ptuj:] Transportation, Ptuj Castle, wine tasting and farewell dinner
DepartureLjubljana airport/Ljubljana airport
Departure TimeJune, 13, 2022 in the afternoon
Return TimeJune, 20, 2022 after breakfast
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and light jacket.
IncludedFour Bridges Run and Live Like a King and Queen in Medieval Slovenia
Day 1: Welcome to one of the greenest countries in the world!
Day 2: Ljubljana and its Dragons
Day 3: Lake Bled
Day 4: Predjama Castle and Piran
Day 5: Sneznik Castle and Krizna Cave
Day 6: 10K Long Party in Škofja Loka
Day 7: Ptuj, the oldest Slovenian town
Day 8: Move on
Included in the price of the itinerary
- Transportation from/to Ljubljana airport
- Accommodation and breakfast for seven days in Ljubljana hotel
- Welcome dinner on your first day in Ljubljana
- Admission to Ljubljana Castle, lunch at and dinner in Ljubljana on your second day
- Transportation, fee for boat pletna, lunch and dinner in Bled on your third day
- Transportation to Predjama Castle and Piran, admission for the castle, snack, and special fish dinner on your fourth day
- Transportation, cave and castle fee, lunch, and dinner in on your fifth day
- Transportation, admission to Skofja Loka castle and lunch on your sixth day
- Transportation to Ptuj, admission to the castle, lunch, and snack on your seventh day
- Admission and English-speaking tour guide in Ljubljana, Predjama castle, Krizna cave, Ptuj, and Piran
- Entry fee for race day
- Official T-shirt and food for volunteers
- Services of Mateja Travel staff
Food and Accommodations
- Seven nights in one of Ljubljana’s ****hotels
- Six lunches and seven dinners in authentic local restaurants, plus tasty nourishing snacks.
Not Included in the Price of the Itinerary
- Round-trip airfare
- Excess baggage charges; travel insurance
- Optional trips
- Food and beverages if not defined otherwise
- Alcoholic beverages over provided meals if not defined otherwise
- Optional gratuities to tour guides
- Items of a personal nature
Consider as you sign up
- Airline tickets – Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip is confirmed with the minimum number (5) of participants required to operate.
- Travel insurance – To protect your travel investment, we recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Save your money, no matter if you book the first or the last!
- From 6 to 14 people $3450
- From 15 to 20 people $2700