JULIAN ALPS TRAIL RUN ADVENTURE
A trail running adventure in the Julian Alps is an amazing experience for any mountain lover. With stunning alpine rivers and mountains, the Alps reach to almost 3000 meters above sea level. You’ll experience all that and more in 7 days.
The Julian Alps Trail Run Adventure is a connective tour, during which you’ll discover a new place every day and circle around the whole Julian Alps, meeting Triglav National Park, Bled, Soča Valley, Bohinj Lake, and Kranjska Gora.
We’ve prepared a fantastic experience after your third stage – you’ll be sleeping in a mountain cabin at Krn Lakes, right in the heart of the Julian Alps. We haven’t forgotten about Slovenia’s highest mountain Triglav (2864 m) either – you’ll be able to admire it up close during stage four.
You’ll experience a lot during your 7-day run – unforgettable views, alpine single trails, a true trail running heaven, and brilliant lakes. To make your experience as memorable as possible, we advise you to complete this tour sometime between the beginning of May and the end of September, because this is when the Julian Alps is at its best.
Kranjska Gora, where you’ll start your adventure, is very accessible, due to the road which leads almost straight to this beautiful alpine resort. It’s about an hour from Ljubljana airport and 2 hours from the Venice airport (Marco Polo).
Lenth / Elevation
167 km (104 miles) / 9000 m (29.500 ft)
- World-famous Lake Bled with its island and a church
- Stunning alpine single trails, surrounded by towering mountains and alpine lakes
- Running along the emerald Soča River
- Discovering the unique Triglav National Park
- Visiting all the main outdoor centers in this region – Kranjska Gora, Bovec, Bohinj …
- [Day One, Kranjska Gora:] Let’s begin the adventure!
- [Day Two, From one valley to another:] Kranjska Gora – Trenta (Distance: 23 km (14.3 miles), Elevation: 1300 m (4256 ft))
- [Day Three, Emerald Soča River Valley:] Trenta – Bovec Distance: 24 km (14.9 miles)
- Elevation: 750 m (2460 ft)
- [Day Four, The Highest Point of The Trip:] Bovec – Krn Lake (Distance: 25 km (15.5 miles), Elevation: 2300 m (7546 ft))
- [Day Five, In the Heart of Julian Alps:] Krn Lake – Bohinj (Distance: 30 km (18.6 miles)
- Elevation: 1300 m (4256 ft))
- [Day Six, From One Lake to Another:] Bohinj – Bled (Distance: 30 km (18.6 miles), Elevation: 1150 m (3773 ft))
- [Day Seven, Bled Gorge:] From Bled to Mojstrana (Distance: 30 km (18.6 miles), Elevation: 1670 m (5479 ft))
- [Day Eight, Back to where everything began:] Mojstrana – Kranjska Gora (Distance: 15 km (9.3 miles), Elevation: 500 m (1640 ft))
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, running equipment
Day 1: Straight to Kranjska Gora
Day 2: From one valley to another: Kranjska Gora – Trenta
Day 3: Emerald Soča River Valley: Trenta - Bovec
Day 4: The Highest Point of The Trip: Bovec – Krn Lake
Day 5: In the Heart of Julian Alps: Krn Lake - Bohinj
Day 6: From One Lake to Another: Bohinj - Bled
Day 7: Bled Gorge: From Bled to Mojstrana
Day 8: Back to where everything began: Mojstrana – Kranjska Gora
Included in a price of the itinerary
- 7-night accommodation in 3 or 4-star hotels/guesthouses (B&B)
- 7 breakfasts: meals include authentic local food
- Fully qualified and experienced trail running guide for the entire trip
- 5 Baggage transfers between tour stages
- Navigation pack: GPS track, maps, tour booklet
- 24/7 hotline number (support)
- Rates per person are based on double occupancy.
- Single room supplement: €180 (unavailable in Krn Lakes)
Not Included in the Price of the Itinerary
- Round-trip airfare
- Excess baggage charges; travel insurance
- Lunches and beverages if not defined otherwise
- Alcoholic beverages over provided meals if not defined otherwise
- Optional gratuities to tour guides
- Personal items
Consider as you sign up
- Airline tickets – Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip is confirmed with the minimum number of participants (5) required to operate.
- Travel insurance – To protect your travel investment, we recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Save your money, no matter if you book the first or the last!
- From 4 to 12 people $1750