The Golden Olympic Games 2021 Slovenian Triathlon: hiking, kayaking, biking
This trip is for physically fit people with good endurance. The mountain hikes are demanding, but the views from the top are priceless. Our guides will take you from one region to another across beautiful meadows, ridges, and villages, all with cultural significance.
Kayaking on the Soča River will take your breath away. Prepare your eyes for 50 shades of green, blue, and everything in between. Enjoy the complexity of nature!
We’ll finish our trip by cycling to the Slovenian coast for a well-earned break.
This trip is for active fans who enjoy diverse landscapes, food, and wine. From freshly-prepared farm-to-table food, to a hearty mountain stew, to Michelin star cafes, to heirloom prosciutto and wild-caught seafood, Slovenia is sure to please even the most discriminating palate.
Sharpen your eyes and ears, ready your taste buds, and hitch up your gear. Share this beauty while it’s here, waiting to happen!
- Hiking, cycling, or canoeing through three different landscapes in one week
- Mountain hikes through Triglav National Park
- Survey the view from the Alps to the Adriatic Sea in one panorama
- Enjoy the Prince Caspian scenery on the Soča River
- World War I history
- White Lipizzaner horses and UNESCO heritage site: Škocjan Caves
- Mediterranean Sea
- Food, custom wine, and much more
- [Day One, Welcome to Slovenia:] Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj
- [Day Two, Up, up, up:] Savica Waterfall over Triglav’s Seven Lakes Valley to Bogatin Hiking: 6 hours (hard core path), Elevation gain: 1000 m (3000 ft)
- [Day Three, WWI history:] Bogatin to Krn Lake to Velika Baba (Hiking 5 or 10 hours, Elevation from Bogatin to Krn Lake 300 m (900 ft), Hut at Krn Lakes to Velika Baba 400 m (1200 ft)
- [Day Four, Pure Joy:] The highlight of Soča River Valley
- [Day Five, Kayaking on Soča River:] A scenery of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- [Day Six, Kayaking on Soča River:] From Kobarid to Tolmin
- Elevation: 1150 m (3773 ft))
- [Day Seven, Change of Scenery:] Karst Plateau, Skocan Caves and White Horses
- [Day Eight, Change of Scenery:] Adriatic Sea! [Distance: 50 km (31 miles), Elevation: 400 m (1200 ft)]
- [Day Nine, Move on:] See You Soon!
DepartureLjubljana airport/Ljubljana airport
Departure TimeMay, 23, 2022
Return TimeMay, 31, 2022
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking/biking equipment
Day 1: Welcome to Slovenia
Day 2: Hiking from Savica Waterfall over Triglav Lakes to Bogatin
Day 3. Bogatin to Krn Lake to Velika Baba
Day 4. Day off in Camp Korita
Day 5. Kayak from Cezsoca to Boka, afternoon in Kobarid
Day 6: Kayak from Kobarid to Tolmin
Day 7: Škocjanske jame, Lipica, Štanjel
Day 8: Biking from Tomaj to Piran
Day 9: Move on
Included in the price of the itinerary
- Booking and accommodations for this itinerary
- Transportation from/to Ljubljana airport
- Transportation and full board every day
- Welcome dinner on your first day in Bohinj
- All entrance fees
- English-speaking hiking guide
- Laundry services mid-week
- Mateja Travel T-shirt and water bottle
- Services of Mateja Travel staff, including luggage safekeeping
AccommodationWe stay at guest ranches, mountain huts and hotels .
Not Included in the Price of the Itinerary
- Round-trip airfare
- Excess baggage charges; travel insurance
- Optional trips
- Food and beverages if not defined otherwise
- Alcoholic beverages over provided meals if not defined otherwise
- Optional gratuities to tour guides
- Personal items
Consider as you sign up
- Airline tickets – Please check with us before purchasing your airline tickets to ensure your trip is confirmed with the minimum number of participants (5) required to operate.
- Travel insurance – To protect your travel investment, we recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Save your money, no matter if you book the first or the last!
- SMALL GROUP From 4 to 6 people $3400
- BIG GROUP From 7 to 12 people $3100